Important Information About Procedures for Identifying Members and Opening New Accounts
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each Credit Union Member.
What this means for you: When you open an account we will ask for your name, physical and mailing address, date of birth, and other information such as social security number that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver’s license or other identifying documents.
Thanks for your assistance and understanding.
Savings (Regular Share) Accounts
A minimum deposit of $5.00 is all that is required to open a Share Savings Account. This opens the door to credit union membership and entitles you to all of the membership privileges.
- Online account access
- 24/7 access through CALL-24
- Availability of payroll allotment/direct deposit
- Competitive dividend rate
- No monthly maintenance fees
- Dividends are compounded monthly and paid on the average daily balance on balances of $25.00 or more
Share Draft (Checking) Accounts
Checking the way you want it at Vermont VA FCU
Your Vermont VA FCU share draft (checking) account has many great advantages:
- NO monthly service charge
- NO minimum balance requirement
- No check writing restrictions
- 24/7 telephone access through CALL-24 Teller Phone
- FREE 24/7 online account access
- Overdraft loan protection
- Overdraft savings protection
- Free CUCheck Masterccard debit card
- Availability of payroll allotment/direct deposit
- Free ATM withdrawals at Falcon and CO-OP terminals
- Monthly dividends
- For a complete listing of the Falcon Network ATMs Click HERE
- For a complete listing of the CO-OP Network ATMs Click HERE
Other financial institutions or merchants may charge for use of their ATM or POS terminal.
Share Certificates of Deposit
Start saving today with a Share Certificate of Deposit (CD). With higher dividend rates than our regular savings account, we offer a variety of terms to meet your needs. Call us or visit our office to open your certificate today.
- Minimum deposits as low as $1,000
- Terms from 12 months to 60 months
- Monthly Interest can be reinvested in the Certificate, Transferred to your Savings or Checking account or a check mailed to your home
- Use as collateral for secured loans
The multi-purpose debit card allows you to obtain cash and make purchases throughout the country and around the world - wherever Mastercard is accepted. You can also obtain cash from your checking account at any Automated Teller Machine (ATM) displaying the NYCE, CIRRUS, Falcon, CO-OP, Jeanie or PLUS logo. And you won't ever have to worry about forgetting your checkbook or running out of checks. Our debit card is yours FREE when you open a Vermont VA FCU share draft (checking) account.
- Purchases are deducted directly from your share draft (checking) account, meaning you won’t need to carry your checkbook or show your drivers license when making purchases.
- Use your debit card anywhere MasterCard is accepted – even online
- Use the card at ATMs bearing the NYCE, CIRRUS, Falcon, CO-OP, Jeanie or PLUS logos
- 24/7 access
- Make deposits or withdrawals or transfers from savings or checking
- Make purchases and get cash back at participating point-of-sale retailers
Christmas Club Accounts
Save for the holidays all year long with a Christmas Club Account. In addition to your savings account, you can open a Christmas Club Account and make regular deposits either in person or through payroll deduction. You may make transfers online or through call 24. You may withdraw Christmas Club funds at any time that is convenient for you.
Vacation Club Accounts
Do you want to plan that dream vacation but can’t seem to save the money? In addition to your savings account, you can open a Vacation Club Account and make regular deposits either in person or through payroll deduction. You may make transfers online or through call 24. You may withdraw Vacation Club funds at any time that is convenient for you.
Do you want to save for your next tax bill? Vermont VA FCU makes it easy for you with our Tax Club Savings Account. You can make regular deposits either in person or through payroll deduction. You may make transfers online or through call 24. You may withdraw the funds at any time that is convenient for you.
Direct Deposit is a simple, safe and secure way to deposit your paycheck or a portion of your paycheck into your account electronically. Enrolling in direct deposit means you never have to go to the credit union to make a deposit. Your money will always be in your account (s) on time and you don’t have to worry about lost, stolen or misplaced checks. And, since it’s deposited faster you begin earning dividends sooner .
Your direct deposit can further be allocated to one or more of your sub accounts such as an IRA, Money Market, Christmas Club, Vacation Club, or loan payments.
Money Market Account
With a minimum balance of $5 you can enjoy a tiered interest rate account that yields a higher rate of interest with greater deposit balances. This tiered interest rate account rewards members for good saving habits without the burden of restrictions. Deposits may be made at any time through payroll deduction, in person, or by mail. In addition, there are no penalties for withdrawals. Dividends are calculated on the average daily balance and paid monthly.
Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs)
Vermont VA FCU offers IRAs that allow for tax-deductible contributions. Contact us for more information.